How to Disable AdBlock on Mac
what to know
- Block or unblock an individual website by right-clicking in the address bar. Select the settings for this and click Enable Content Blockers .
- To see all site settings, go to Safari > Preferences > Sites > Content Blockers to adjust each site in a list.
- Content blockers block ads and other unwanted content, but they can limit what you can see on a website.
This article teaches you how to disable AdBlock in your Mac’s pre-installed browser—Safari. It also helps you understand what AdBlock does when active.
Where is the AdBlock button on Mac?
There are two different methods of using AdBlock on your Mac. Both are within the default browser—Safari. See where to find it for individual sites and tweak it.
- Open Safari on your Mac.
- Right-click on the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Left click Settingsfor the site name.
- Uncheck Enable Content Blockersto remove the Adblock feature for that specific website.
- The site will now reload without the AdBlock feature enabled.
How do I disable AdBlock?
If you want to disable AdBlock on all websites in Safari browser, the process is a little different. Here’s where to look.
- In Safari, click Safari.
2. Click Preferences .
3. Click Sites .
4. Click Happy Blockers .
5. Click on the name of the website you want to enable AdBlock or content blocker.
6. Click Remove .
7. AdBlock has now been removed.
What does AdBlock do?
Enabling the Content Blocker or AdBlock tool prevents ads such as pop-ups or banners from loading on websites you visit. You can also disable cookies and scripts that websites try to load.
Can I use other AdBlock software?
Mac users are not restricted to using Safari’s Adblock tool. You can also download third-party apps or extensions. This means that you can use ad blocking software in other browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Why would I enable or disable AdBlock?
It’s simple to turn AdBlock on or off through Safari, but it’s important to know why it’s worth using and why it’s worth turning it off sometimes. See the main reasons here.
- AdBlock protects you from unwanted content . If you browse a site full of ads, avoid seeing them. Enabling AdBlock is useful here.
- AdBlock prevents the site from benefiting from your visit . Ads on websites exist to provide limited funding in some places. Cutting back on this form of revenue can make the site difficult to function.
- AdBlock can limit the risk of malware. It is not widespread, but web ads may contain some browser exploits. More commonly, a website full of ads can confuse you by clicking on a link or ad that you didn’t mean. This is only the case for less reputable sites, however.
- AdBlock improves user experience. Some websites overload their site with advertisements, making browsing less pleasant and making the information on the page much more difficult to read.
- How to allow cookies not Mac?
To enable cookies on Mac, go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy and uncheck Block All Cookies . Enabling cookies allows your browser to store reusable data such as email addresses or items saved in the shopping cart.
- How do I block ads in Google Chrome on Mac?
Install AdBlock Chrome extension to block ads on YouTube and other websites. To block pop-ups in Chrome, go to Settings > Site Settings > Pop-ups & Redirects > Blocked .
- Why is AdBlock not working?
You may need to clear your Mac’s cache and cookies. If it’s still not working, try disabling all your extensions except AdBlock.